- Traditional dhurrie carpet with woven designs and patterns,using 80% wool and 20% cotton threads
- Size 3x5 feet. Great for decorating floor space near sofa or bed. Also used for indoor sitting on floor during puja; or outdoor for picnic.
- Dense flat weaving on horizontal loom.Robust enough to last a decade.Dominanting Color -Sand white ivory
- Washable at home.Fast colour.Does not bleed.Weight-2.25 KG
- Handmade by the hereditary artisans of Bhadohi in Uttar Pradesh.
Dhurrie is a traditional floor rug that is popular in a large number of Indian homes. It is used extensively for different purposes. The most common use is as a mat for sitting on floor. During puja at home or during bhoj, people would often sit on these durries. Families going for outdoor picnics would often carry dhurrie as an essential item to sit and eat together. These are robust mats that will likely last a decade. Artisans make them on horizontal handlooms with flat weaving. A mix of wool and cotton threads in proportion of 80 and 20 gives dhurries the necessary warmth as well as strength for rough use. Maintenance is easy. Just wash it home by soaking it overnight in soap water in your bathtub, or send it to your neighborhood laundry. Besides decorating your home floors, or using them as sitting mats, these dhurries are also appropriate indian gift items for housewarming.