- PERFECT FOR YOUR HOME ALTAR This Santoshi Mata statue is made the traditional way and is a reverent idol to use for your offerings
- IDEALLY SIZED -Height- 9 inch,Length- 7 inch,Width- 4.25 inch,Weight- 2.3 kg
- ARTISAN CRAFTED Skilled Indian artists of Muradabad hand make each statue using traditional sand casting techniques
- PREMIUM MATERIALS This representation of the statue is produced using the finest quality brass
- EXOTIC DECORATION Use the statue to bring a touch of Indian culture to your decor even if you're not Hindu!
This brass statue of a goddess Santoshi Mata, is meant for performing puja at home,or decorating your home in Hindu way. Artisans of Muradabad in north India have crafted this statue using age-old sand casting techniqu.Santoshi Mata or Santoshi Maa is a relatively new goddess in the Hindu pantheon. She is venerated as "the Mother of Satisfaction",the meaning of her name. Santoshi Mata is particularly worshipped by women of North India and Nepal. A vrata (ritual fast) called the Santoshi Maa vrata performed by women on 16 consecutive Fridays wins the goddess' favour.Santoshi Mata emerged as the goddess in the early 1960s. Her cult initially spread through word of mouth, vrata-pamphlet literature, and poster art. Her vrata was gaining popularity with North Indian women. Tincorporated in Hindu temples. The film Jai Santoshi Maa portrayed the goddess to be the daughter of the popular Hindu god Ganesha and related her to the Raksha Bandhan festival, however, it had no basis in Hindu scriptures.
Deepen your worship or add distinction to your decor with a genuine handmade Indian statue unlike anything you've seen before. Order the Handmade Indian Brass Idol today.